Cherry Chocolate Overnight Oats
Who doesn't love chocolate? And with cherries?!? I mean, this has to be one of my favorite smoothie and now oat concoctions! I need to have something readily accessible for my husband and I to grab and go in the morning. We are both usually busy with our little one and out the door to work or I'm off teaching a fitness class! Life is just easier if we have something that's readily available to us to grab and head out of the door without having to grab something that isn't so healthy.
I love to make everything with super foods and paired with oats this is such a filler in the morning and keeps me energized to get through a fitness class, let alone TEACH and pour out energy!
Also, I will share my love for cacao and its super food benefits later, but this particular post contains a lot of cherries that also have some incredible benefits!
- Cherries are loaded with antioxidants that promote a wide range of health-promoting properties
- Sweet cherries contain fiber, vitamin C, carotenoids, and anthocyanins, each of which may help play a role in cancer prevention
- Tart cherries are anti-inflammatory and may help lower your risk of gout attacks and reduce pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis
- Consuming tart cherry may help increase your melatonin levels and improve your sleep
- Consuming tart cherries may help to regulate genes involved in fat and glucose metabolism
So without further intro, I'm sure you just like, get to the recipe! HA! I know I do that when I ready blogs! So here it is! Also, you can puree for the little one if you want to create one batch for the whole family!
- 2/3 cup whole grain plain oats
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp almond butter (to drizzle at top or add to the mixture)
- 1 cup of Ripple Unsweetened Pea Milk (contains 8g Plant protein per serving)
Top with cacao nibs, cherries, almond butter and dig in!
Mix all of the above in a glass jar or Tupperware dish. Place in fridge overnight and voila! Overnight oats for breakfast!