Roasted Garlic Beet Hummus
This will be the third time writing this post as I'm just know understanding that I need to save in Word before pasting to this site because that's how we lose our work ALL THE TIME! Ok, I'm done with my quick rant and on to the post!
Now this beet hummus I've made before but there's something about this particular batch that I really enjoy. super savory with a tinge of sweetness at the end. So delicious! I've been putting it on everything from my salads, to my wraps, to just eating it alone with crackers or veggies. Its a great thing to have in the fridge for last minute scavenging for food. At least you know you are eating something that has some nutrients and is heartier than just eating crackers alone or something worse.
Its very easy to make it and it really adds some color to your dishes as well. It takes a smidge bit of prep but I recommend just committing to it and either bulking up on your roasted veggies to use the recommended portion for the hummus then having additional veggies prepared for eating alone or with another meal. While you're roasting you may as well go all in making your life easier.
You want to start by prepping your veggies for roasting. I like to rinse the veggies first then cut off either ends of the beets. I then wrap them in aluminum foil and place them on a baking sheet. I do the same with the garlic. I take the entire bulb because I feel it really tastes better and doesn't dry out as much in the roasting process. you can then use the rest of the garlic bulb for other dishes!
- 1 can garbanzo beans (rinsed)
- 4 beets (rinsed)
- 1 Garlic bulb (using 3 cloves)
- 1/4 cup tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Roast beets & garlic after covering in aluminium foil and placing on a baking sheet @ 425 for 35-40 minutes. Like I mentioned above, great time to add veggies here and have dual purpose roasting time!
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove the foil from the beets and peel off the skin. Remove 3 cloves from the garlic bulb and use the rest in another dish!
- Place roasted garlic cloves, beets, chickpeas, tahini, sea salt, olive oil, lemon juice in blender or Vitamix and blend until smooth. Remove from blender and serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, serve with salad or wraps! A great addition to any meal!