VEGAN Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
If you can't tell by looking at my blog I LOVE desserts. More importantly, I LOVE chocolate and cookie dough. However, if I'm going to eat cookie dough, I'm going to make it healthy because I really want more than what I should have and I know my limits! Once I start into it, I lose it. So its better to know I'm eating "healthy" versions to keep my health in check!
I was trying to make cookie dough with a spin (and added protein) and ended up baking these for less than 10 minutes to harden them and they turned out pretty fantastic!
Super easy and SUPER fast! Great for kids snacks or let's be serious, our snacks!
- 1 can rinsed chickpeas (I used organic low sodium)
- 1/2 cup organic natural peanut butter (I used Whole Foods brand)
- 1/2 cup honey (or another natural sweetener like agave or maple syrup to be 100% vegan)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- *optional 2 tbsp hemp seeds for protein and superfood benefits!
Mix all of the above in a blender. Let set for a couple minutes to cool. Add mini chocolate chips. Stir well. Place on to greased cookie sheet for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden. You may have to press them at the top or just let them go, it depends on how you prefer to eat your cookies.