Paleo Peach Cobbler
Before I stared this recipe I had no idea how it would turn out. I really was just looking to create a fresh sweet bake with some fresh fruit. Well it turns out it turned out pretty amazing. It was light, filling, tasty and completely guiltless!
Its was actually a lot easier than I thought and I am very glad I thoroughly tracked the recipe this time because it turned out so well. If you can't tell from reading my blog I love bake's. My husband always makes fun of me because I'm always creating new bake's. I just can't help it! They are just so satisfying! I fell like I get my sweet tooth and carb cravings in with a relatively guilt-free and that is so satisfying!
First you start with marinating or sweetening your peaches. I used a quart full of organic peaches and peeled the skin and cut up each peach into about 1/2 size slices. Some thin, some thick, some long, some short. I wasn't too concerned about the shape as I was getting in the most peaches I could into this bake. After I cut up the peaches I added them to a bowl and added coconut sugar and started smashing the peaches to let the sugar start to marinate with the peaches. I still kept it chunky but created a bit a juice in the peaches which was great to help disintegrate the coconut sugar. Set this aside while you make the crust portion of the bake.
The "crust" portion was basically what do I have in the cabinet and what can I mix together. Fortunately it was all good and we came up with the right combination of sweet, salty, and just the right amount of moisture.
- 4-5 medium sized organic peaches
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- *optional 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Ripple Pea Protein Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Cut up the peaches into small 1/2" size slices and place into bowl. Add coconut sugar and smash the peaches to create some juice to absorb the sugar. Let set
- Blend the following into the mixer: coconut flakes, walnuts, almond flour, almond & cashew butter, chia, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sea salt and blend. Once the dry ingredients are blended well add your egg (or flax egg if you want to go vegan) and almond milk and blend until the mixture is a nice cake batter consistency.
- Spoon in 1/2 batter at the bottom of a greased glass baking sheet (8x8). Add your peaches to full coat the bottom of the pan. Top with spoonfuls of the remaining 1/2 batter. Place in oven to bake for approx 45 min or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven let set for about 5 minutes to cool and enjoy! Add your favorite ice cream to mix it up as a dessert!