Guilt Free Carrot Cake Bites
GUILTLESS Carrot Cake ALERT! This is pretty incredible as it is very fudgy, used with only natural ingredients to make it vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and straight up one of the best carrot cake's I've ever tasted!
I made these super last minute for my baby's daycare Spring party and knowing that every kid in school these days is nut free, dairy free and all the other free's I thought I would error on the side of caution. Well, it turns out not only where these amazing and healthy, but they literally took 15 minutes to make! Super easy! I made them into bites which worked out perfect for finger foods at the party! I put them in tupperware and left them out for everyone to enjoy and it was a huge hit!
On top of them tasting pretty epic they are so clean I absolutely felt not guilt or shame eating these! In fact, they are a great grab and go breakfast that can also really help to satisfy cravings! I hope you enjoy! Here's the recipe below!
- 3 cups gluten free flour (I used almond flour and coconut flour mixed)
- *2 scoops vanilla plant protein
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesace
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
For cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 tub vegan cream cheese
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup soaked cashews - dried
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients for cream cheese frosting in food processor or vitamix until smooth and set aside in fridge until cake has cooled.
- Grease 8x8 baking dish or loaf pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixer combine flour, protein powder, cinnamon, sea salt, sweetener, apple sauce, carrots, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and mix well. For a more soft, fudgy bar, add milk choice to thin out the batter.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove and let cool in fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into 2" pieces and add frosting. set aside once again in fridge or serve fresh!
I hope you enjoy this! Please share if you make it! I love seeing your variations of these recipes!