Sunday Grocery Haul & Meal Prep Series 1
My first week of meal prep and grocery haul series that frankly I've been wanting to do this a long time! I thought there's no better time than the present, right?
We all grocery shop, obviously. We all shop at probably our favorite spots, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, online via Amazon or another grocery service, but the point is there are a million places to shop and its where do you get the most bang for your buck? Ya know what I mean? I toggle between stores and really go where I can find the freshest and organic produce, the cleanest food and some things I care about saving the most. However, that being said, the food we put in our bodies should be the most whole and natural form we can find. That is hard to do these days with all of the labels, tricky marketing and etc. Its hard to navigate through a grocery store so I'm going to provide some inside and let you take a look into my Sunday shopping going through everything that I buy, the total cost, and the meals I plan to make with all of the ingredients. Would that help? Well, I hope it does.
Today I shopped at Trader Joes only thinking I can get a lot of what I need there and buy fillers at Whole Foods or elsewhere throughout the week if needed. Those fillers usually are veggies and fruit and an easy grab any day of the week. For today's purpose, I spent a total of $138.00 (I'm rounding here as I removed anything not food - like soap and paper towels etc.) I got everything I need for most of hte week for the most part. Let's break it down by fats/proteins/carbs (whole grains & fruits).
- Frozen Red Argentinian Shrimp $9.99 for a 16 oz bag
- Organic Large Brown Eggs $3.79
- Frozen Wild Mahi Fillets .83/lb $6.63
- Frozen Shelled Edamame $1.79
- Organic Chicken Sausage $5.99
- Organic Tempeh $1.99
- Ezekiel Whole Grain Sprouted Bread $4.49
- Steel Cut Oats $3.49
- 8 oz Crimini Mushrooms $2.49
- Organic Broccoli $2.29
- Frozen Organic Riced Cauliflower
- 1.5 LB Organic Zuchinni $2.99
- Bag of Organic Baby Spinach $1.99
- Sweet Potato 4 @ .89 = $3.56
- Coconut Chunks (frozen) $2.69
- 2 Lb Bag of Organic Pink Lady Apples $2.99
- 6 Bananas $1.14
- Organic Raspberries 6 oz $3.99
- Organic Strawberries 2 LB $6.49
- Organic Creamy Peanut Butter No Salt $3.49
- Organic Creamy Almond Butter $5.99
- Avocados 4 @ $1.49 each = $5.96
- 32 oz 0% Greek Yogurt Plain $4.99
- Honey $3.49
- Dates 16 oz $4.99
- Vanilla Extract $8.99
- 4 - RX Bars $1.99 ea
- 3 - Perfect Bars $1.99 ea
- Carrot Apple Pouches $2.79
Already Prepared Packaged Foods:
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza (just the crust) $3.99
- GR Pizza with Cauliflower Crust $4.99
2 - Sparkling Water 1.25 LT $1.99
So that's it, folks! I'd say we did pretty well! I have everything else I need at home so here's a summary of what I plan to make this week for Alexandra, Brian and myself for some of our breakfast, lunches and dinners.
Week of Meals:
- Dinner 1: Artichoke Basil Pesto Zucchini Pasta (all of us)
- Alexandra Snacks - Green Muffins, steamed broccoli, berries,
- Dinner 2: Mahi Tacos (all of us - Alexandra will just eat the Mahi)
- Snacks - Vegetables Crudit (snacks for me during the week)
- Dinner 3: Creamy Jack-fruit spicy BBQ Pizza on Cauliflower Crust (Brian & I) Alexandra will eat the chicken sausage and sweet potato for dinner.
- Dinner 4: Tempeh Sweet Potato Bowl (I have chicken for Brian )
- Breakfast for Alexandra and I - Oatmeal
- Breakfast for Brian & I - Eggs (Alexandra doesn't like eggs - we've tried every variation!)
- Dinner 5: Shrimp of some sort:) TBD
- Dinner 6: Leftovers
- Dinner 7: Eat Out as a family
I hope this is helpful to you! Stay tuned for recipes, cooking demo videos and more this week!
Have a happy and healthy week!