Meals Under 20 Min: Pesto Shrimp & Zucchini Pasta
If there's anything that can be created in less than 20 minutes, I'm in! How about you? I mean, most days I barely have time to get myself together let alone cook an extravagant meal with 10,000 ingredients. Don't get me wrong I love cooking! And I don't mind taking the time, SOME DAYS. However, generally speaking I'm rushing just like most of you!
Because we want to eat clean, and usually in the evening I'm trying to cook meals that are primarily veggies with protein. I love shrimp because its easy to make and it goes with so many things! I get the frozen wild shrimp often at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's - but it can be purchased anywhere. The key is to look for the wild stuff. By letting it set out for a few hours or keeping it in the fridge the night before is a great way to de-thaw it without having to think about it.
The sauces are where I can get creative but in a short period of time. This week I figured out a pretty fantastic sauce that can be used in so many ways and this recipe is just the start of it! I went to the garden, gathered some fresh herbs - rosemary and basil - and created a dish around that. I thought pesto would be an easy way to go here so I added in some fresh garlic cloves, sunflower seeds, sea salt, pepper and oil and we were all set. Blend it up and voila - done. you have pesto for the week!
See the video below I posted from my You Tube and Instagram that I thought I would add here to take you through the prepping and cooking!
Ingredients for Pesto:
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or any oil you choose)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 jar Artichokes from Trader Joe's (or any brand really that has clean ingredients or fresh)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
Blend until desired consistency
Ingredients for Zucchini Pasta:
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 bag frozen Trader Joe's Argentinian Shrimp
- 4 Organic Zucchini spiraled with Spiralizer
- Spiralize all 4 zucchini and set aside in bowl.
- Add oil to stove top pan. Add in de-thawed or frozen shrimp. Cook on medium heat for approx 5 min or until cooked. If making with frozen shrimp remove from heat and drain the water from the pan. If using de-thawed shrimp add in zucchini noodles.
- Cook with pasta and add in approx 1/4 -1/2 cup of pesto and mix well. Cooking noodles for no longer than 5 minutes. Noodles will become slightly softened. Keep mixing until noodles are cooked.
- Let cool or serve immediately! Top with additional pesto, basil leaves or feta and enjoy!