Apple Cinnamon Pureed Oats
I got into this puree kick when I started introducing foods to my baby girl. She is now 9 months and eating a plethora of solid foods but I still like to give her some of these staple purees like oats, greens and etc. Its been fun to see her react to these new tastes and find a love for oats like I do!
I like to make her purees in batches so I have them for days at a time. I send them to daycare, take them on the road and always have them on hand. Thankfully, these have been very easy and a lifesaver on most days! They are very simple to make and take max 10 minutes. This is also great becuase I can also eat them for breakfast which is super convenvenient when you are cooking once for everyone in the household!
What you will need:
- Blender or Vitamix (I used a Vitamix but they can certainly be done with a blender)
- 2 cups whole grain oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Boil water and add oats. Let simmer approx 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let set for 2-3 minutes.
- Put oats, nut or cococnut milk, vanilla extract, apple, cinnamon and chia into the blender and mix until smooth.
- Voila - pureed oats! Enjoy!